Thursday, July 16, 2009

Time to "Fess" Up and Put it Out There...

Yes, my plan is to compete....in 5 weeks to be exact. Lenda Murray is holding her annual show here in Norfolk, VA, and I have decided to do that show on August 22nd. As much as I am looking forward to it, I am scared to death as well. I really let myself get sloppy this winter and I have had to work overtime to get even remotely back into shape. I had a minor meltdown Tuesday when I had to take pics for Michele. Things just aren't happening fast enough for me, and I am worried I won't be ready. I will say that if I am not 110% ready, I will not step on stage. Not worth it. I am trying not to think that way, but it is hard when I see all the hard work I am doing, and not much happening. After talking with Michele, I am going to keep plugging away and make a last minute decision to do the show or not.

In the meantime, I am trying to get in to see my Family Practitioner to speak with him about some treatment for my Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome. PCOS ovaries are very insulin resistant, and I am hoping he'll be willing to let me try Metformin. There is no way I should have to work as hard as I am to only "maintain" my condition. Very frustrating.

All this being said, I am excited about the show...i am excited about the prospect of being in my hometown in front of my friends and family! And I am excited about being back in shape again. That is most important of all to me. Even if I don't walk on stage, I have my body back the way I like it!! YAY!!

No comments: