Thursday, October 2, 2008

Latest and Greatest...

Well, as you can see, it has been awhile since I've posted to this site. Obviously, I decided to take a break from competing this year. I worked hard and enjoyed training for Jr. Nationals, and have enjoyed the rest of the summer NOT stressing over a show! Honestly, I am not sure where I stand as far as future shows go. I have enjoyed competing in the past, but haven't decided whether the stress is worth it. That being said, I am happy to be in great shape and be a mom to my super kid, and I am happy enough with that!

I want to take a quick minute and remember a wonderful man who expedited the 2 national level shows I competed in, as well as countless others. Steve Stone was at the Olympia this past weekend, doing what he loved backstage (making sure all competitors have what they need and are where they need to be), and right there, backstage, he had a DVT (Deep Vein Thrombosis~a blood clot that broke loose), and died backstage. I want to say that this was a wonderful man and I am happy that I had the distinct pleasure of being backstage with him 2 times. He ran things back there the way they needed to be run, and made each one of us feel like a "pro", and set us at ease. I know if I do any further national shows, backstage won't be the same without Steve Stone and that reassuring smile of his. He was only 51 years old.

No comments: